Benefits of Skylights
Skylights have always had a special place in everyone’s heart, as they are gorgeous and functional. Whether it be to get some extra light, or maybe a little more ventilation, a skylight is the perfect way to increase your value on a room, and more specifically, on a home. There are so many different benefits to having or installing a skylight, from health benefits to aesthetic benefits. Let’s take a look at all of the possible benefits of having a skylight in your home.
- Reduces Energy Consumption: A lessened dependency on artificial lighting can have a huge impact on any home. As a result, energy usage, and overall cost go down. It can reduce these energy costs by around 10%, which can really make a difference over time.
- Mildew and Mold Reduction: Mildew and mold thrive in damp and dark environments, such as basements and even attic areas. Because of this, skylights can help to genuinely reduce this damage to a home. Skylights offer a new ventilation, as well as heat and light, making bacteria very hard to grow. This is why sunlight works as a great disinfectant.
- Vitamins: Being in natural lighting has been known to prevent vitamin D and vitamin B1 deficiencies in many individuals.
- Improve Performance: There have been many reports and experiments done to prove that with the addition of natural lighting, employees’ performance is increased significantly.
- Aesthetics: One of the best types of lighting systems in interior design, to this day, is natural lighting. It also looks great as well.
There are many health benefits to having some additional natural lighting in your home such as:
- Being used as a mood enhancer
- It reduces eye fatigue, as well as headaches
- Helps to stimulate the mind
- Stimulates a faster recovery, especially after a major illness or surgery
- Can lower blood pressure, which in turn, lowers stress levels