Installing Holiday lights Safely on Roof
Holiday season is in full swing which means it’s time to decorate your home! Hanging Christmas lights outside your home and be a very fun yet dangerous task, it’s important to take extra precaution to guarantee no injuries in this holiday season. Before you start putting up your lights outside your home there are some things to consider to assure a safe and happy holiday with family.
How to prevent from falling when installing lights on your roof:
- Purchase a safety harness
- Sturdy Shoes
- Make sure your ladder is secured and leveled before climbing
- Having someone else helping while you’re on your ladder or roof
How to prevent electrical fires around your home:
- Make sure your lights outside your home are weather- resistant
- Before decorating, double check that is no fray wires or loose connections on your lights
- Don’t use nails or staples when attaching lights, they can cut through wire insulation
- Make sure you take down your exterior lights within 90 days, they longer the lights are outside the more they are likely to suffer hazardous damage
Always make sure you are fully prepared when climbing onto your roof for any occasion. Along with this holiday season comes heavy snow and weather damage. If you notice any urgent repairs needed for your roof or you are unable to remove the snow yourself, contact us at (781) 246-5622.