How to Prepare your Roof & Gutters for Winter
Roof & Gutters
We know for past years that Boston winters can be extremely severe and result in serious damage to your home. It’s important that before winter really hits to inspect your home which includes your roof, gutters, and attics to make sure they in the best condition. Check out some tips to do both inside and outside your home before the first real snow storm!
- Remove Off Debris: Before snowfall hits your home make sure you remove any leaves, twigs, branches or dirt covering your roof.
- Inspect Shingles: View your roof for any missing shingles and make sure the shingles are nailed down properly for the winter.
- Fix Leaks Fast: Small leaks can lead to big severe issues in your home, for this type of work your best option is to contact a professional.
- Clean your Gutters & Downspouts: Check your gutters are cleaned out so it won’t lead to clogged downspouts.
- Attic Insulation & Ventilation: If your attic does not have the proper ventilation make sure you get this issue resolved so during the winter you won’t have any heat escape your home.